Transport Sub-Committee Mandate:
- Proactive towards achieving approval and construction of the runway extension as soon as is possible.
- Proactive involvement where possible on developing the transport strategy and the Policy making stages, together with ongoing monitoring of all current and future Transport issues covering Air and Sea as well as Transport within the island and infrastructure needed to support the needs (including innovative new types of transport if applicable).
- Consider developments of the airlines and shipping companies, current and for the future, for what is best to serve the island. Include essential infrastructure developments needed for commercial passenger & freight, corporate & private use, at the airport and harbours, necessary to take forward these strategically important gateways to the island for the next 25 years or more.
- Liaise with others as necessary in open discussion to help reach conclusions for developing business and tourism, and maintaining suitable travel at the correct frequency and price.
- Review the Mandate & transport strategy annually or earlier.
- To report (monthly or quarterly) as appropriate.
To be pro-active in bringing forward improvements and change in external and internal transport issues for the benefit of the business, tourism and the community.
Prioritize of Runway Extension
Give consideration to:
- Innovative new transport for land, sea and air
- Airline Licensing and/or, ‘Open Sky’s’, and/or combination of both
- Current and Future airlines & Shipping
- Consideration on Ports Commercialization
- States ownership of Aurigny
- Any other relevant issues.
Be pro-active in adapt to changes in external and internal transport needed for the benefit of the community
Transport Sub-Group Members
- Martyn Dorey
- Barry Cash
- Rob Le Page
- Tim Robins
- Luke Wheadon
- Jenny Ozanne
- Barrie Baxter
- Wade Emmerson
- Others as needed