Hospitality and Tourism Subgroup
Luke Wheadon, Group Head
Luke Wheadon is the managing director of the Bella Group, comprising Hojo, Bella Spa and the award-winning Bella Luce Hotel, and heads Chamber’s Hospitality and Tourism subgroup.
About the Hospitality and Tourism Subgroup
Our mission is to represent Guernsey’s tourism private sector effectively, generating policy proposals and lobbying in a positive, cohesive, representative and assertive way to promote the interests of our island and our industry.
- To evaluate new, sustainable and competitive routes to the islands
- To strengthen the islands’ unique product offering
- To deliver an exceptional visitor experience
- To develop a positive environment for growth and investment
- To develop marketing and messaging that is consistent and compelling
- To launch and deliver the industry led tourism strategy document in collaboration with Visit Guernsey and Commerce and Employment. This document and its underlying strategic objectives will enable the subgroup to proactively affect tourism’s future in these islands. This is a dynamic working document that has many underlying strategic objectives, some that the subgroup are working on currently and others that will be brought online in the coming months and years.
The Hospitality and Tourism Subgroup is made up of industry stakeholders that are committed to creating growth in the tourism industry in our islands.
Hospitality and Tourism Subgroup Members
- Clive Acton
- Kenrick Brookes
- Ant Ford Parker
- Alex Fuller
- Karel Harris
- Simon Vermeulen
- Jonathan Watson