Finance, Legal and Tax Subgroup
The members are:
- Stephen Ozanne, Senior Associate, Walkers (Guernsey) LLP – GROUP HEAD
- Rachel Richardson, Senior Associate, Carry Olsen;
- Tony Corbin, Senior Manager, PwC;
- Alexandra Gill, Associate, Collas Crill; and
- Paul Beale, Senior Tax Manager, KPMG
The purpose of the group is to:
- Identify and promote strategies to develop a competitive legal and tax environment to enable Guernsey’s economy to grow; and
- Support and represent industry in areas where legal and tax changes may affect businesses.
Our objectives are to:
- Monitor external and internal legal and tax changes that may affect Guernsey’s industries;
- Communicate with members in relation to any relevant legal and tax changes;
- Identify opportunities and threats arising from Brexit and other international legal developments;
- Stimulate ideas and actively listen to members regarding any problems arising from legal and tax changes; and
- Maintain good relations with all Chamber members and government authorities in Guernsey.
Our current work steams are:
- Develop a tax policy for Guernsey in relation to creating new businesses;
- Provide members with updates and knowledge in relation to the Population Management Law, once it comes into force; and
- Provide members with updates and knowledge in relation to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), once Guernsey releases a draft law to implement the provisions of GDPR.