- Time & Date: 03/03/2017: 8:00 am - 10:00 am
- Venue: Digital Greenhouse Guernsey
- Price: FREE
Cloud adoption continues to grow at unprecedented rates, raising concerns about data privacy and also about data residency, especially for organisations considering Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) using the cloud.
To address these important issues, Sure has teamed up with local data protection legislation expert Emma Martins and John Davison, CTO of CIbased First Central Group who are already benefiting from Sure’s cloud infrastructure.
At this breakfast briefing we’ll be discussing
- The importance of data security and data sovereignty in an ever-changing, connected environment
- Where your data is when it’s in the cloud and who has (or can gain) access to it
- Regulations and policies that govern data privacy today and in the future including the impact of GDPR
- Cloud from a customer perspective – the business benefits of adopting Cloud solutions in place of on-premise IT infrastructure
- 08:00 – Registration opens / breakfast served
- 08:30 – Seminar commences
- 10:00 – Seminar ends / Q&A
We really hope you can join us!
About our guest speakers
Emma Martins: In 2012 the Channel Islands joined forces to establish a pan-Island data protection presence. Emma manages regulatory oversight of both Jersey and the Bailiwick of Guernsey in her role as Information Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information in Jersey and Data Protection Commissioner for the Bailiwick of Guernsey. In her presentation Emma will cover the importance of data security and residency from an offshore perspective.
John Davison: John Davison is Chief Information Officer at First Central and current customer of Sure’s IaaS solution. In his presentation John will explain why First Central made the switch and the benefits of cloud from a Sure customer’s perspective.
Time & Date: 03/03/2017: 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Venue: Digital Greenhouse Guernsey