The Guernsey Chamber of Commerce
Corporate and Social Responsibility
The Guernsey Chamber of Commerce seeks to be a leader in demonstrating corporate social responsibility (CSR), has a long standing commitment to sustainability, and conducts its business in an ethical manner. This CSR policy is both that by which the Guernsey Chamber itself operates and that which sets the standards we expect our members to strive to adhere to in all their dealings with their own stakeholders including staff, clients and customers, suppliers and other third parties.
We seek to:
· Set an example to our members with regard to all aspects of CSR
· Be transparent and fair in all aspects of our business and dealings with stakeholders
· Respect diversity in the workplace and the rights of all individuals regardless of race, gender, education, background or disability.
· Recruit, employ and promote employees fairly on the basis of transparent and objective criteria openly in line with the concept of equal opportunities
· Strive to develop a workplace where there is mutual trust and respect, free from bullying and harassment, where every person feels responsible for the performance and reputation of the organisation
· Maintain good communication with all stakeholders
· Provide a safe working environment
· Proactively pursue the concept of sustainability in that we should do nothing today to the environment that would preclude the next generation from doing the same.
· Engage, at all levels, with stakeholders including staff, clients and customers, shareholders, local Government and the community at large
Overall, in the pursuit of our seeking to achieve the goals above our behaviour is influenced by our core values. We aim to be:
and work with Integrity